These Stuffed Sweet Peppers are loaded with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. This is the perfect appetizer to make for a party or for game day and it's only 3 ingredients!
- 1 bag of mini sweet peppers *You only need 8 peppers
- (1) 8 ounce cream cheese
- 8 slices of original bacon (Don't buy maple or thick)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut the bacon in half in the middle of the strips. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stems. Try to cut them in a way that creates enough room to stuff with cream cheese. These little sweet peppers are always different shapes and sizes, so it can be tricky.
- Mix the cream cheese in a bowl. Optional: Season with salt and pepper, hot sauce, garlic powder and/or chili powder.
- Fill the peppers with the cream cheese mixture using a spoon. You want to fill them a little less than full and flatten it completely out. Gently press a piece of bacon into the cream cheese filling and wrap around the pepper and back to the front. *You can use toothpicks to hold the bacon at this point, but I don't have any issues with it falling off and I find them annoying to pull out after.
- Place the peppers on a baking rack over a cookie sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The baking rack is important because it allows the grease from the bacon to drip down into the cookie sheet.
- Once the stuffed sweet peppers are finished cooking, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- When choosing the peppers from the bag, pick the bigger ones that aren't super skinny. These will be best to fill.
- Don't overfill each pepper with cream cheese. This will cause overflowing and a mess and you might not have enough for all the peppers.
- Choose original bacon, not flavored and regular cut, not thick.
- If you like your bacon nice and crispy, you can bake them for 40 minutes instead of 35 minutes. Just be sure to peek in the oven and check on them.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: stuffed sweet peppers, sweet peppers with cream cheese, bacon wrapped peppers