These little bacon cream cheese crescent rolls are so simple to make, have minimal ingredients, and are packed with flavor! This recipe is part of our holiday traditions, especially during cold weather months, when a couple extra pounds never hurt anyone.
- Original bacon (do not do different flavor, maple, etc) – 6 strips of bacon (cut into smaller pieces) or go with 8-9 strips if everyone in your family picks at it, like they do at mine
- (1) 8 ounce cream cheese-softened/room temp.
- (1) 8 ounce roll of Pillsbury original crescents
- 1 tablespoon chives (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
You also need a cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the bacon up into smaller pieces and pan fry at medium low heat until just a bit crispy. Now put your bacon on a paper towel covered plate to drain grease.
- Mix the chives, bacon, salt and pepper, and cream cheese together in a bowl.
- Spread out the crescent package into one flat rectangle piece and carefully smooth out the pre-cut edge, trying not to push down to hard. We don't want it sticking to the cutting board or table.
- Now spread the cream cheese and bacon mixture onto it. Carefully roll it into a log shape. Then cut it into one inch circles and place each roll onto cookie sheet. (Please watch the video for this. It explains it a lot better to us visual learners) Each individual roll should look like a mini cinnamon roll where you can see the cream cheese spread rolled up in a swirl like pattern.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 13 minutes.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon cream cheese rolls, appetizer ideas, holiday appetizers, thanksgiving appetizers, christmas appetizers