- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- You will also need a 12 count muffin pan, and 12 muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. Whisk and set aside.
- In another large bowl, add melted butter and sugar. Whisk together.
- Add the egg and milk to the butter and sugar mixture. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Next, stir with wooden spoon until batter is completely mixed.
- Fill the muffin liners a little more than half way. I love using this cookie scooper because I am horrible at filling each evenly and it helps me do it with ease.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes.
If I am eating these corn muffins by themselves and not on top of my chili, I will 100% be serving them with salted butter and honey. YUM!!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: southern
Keywords: corn muffins, cornbread, chili toppings, chili