This cranberry sauce with orange juice screams Thanksgiving Dinner! It is so festive with citrus and cinnamon tones. Your family will love this recipe! It's so easy to make with only a few ingredients.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of fresh cranberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- the zest and juice from 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Into a dutch oven or large pot, add in the cranberries, sugar, water, cinnamon stick, orange juice and zest. Stir.
- Place the dutch oven on the stovetop over medium heat and allow the mixture to come to a boil. This takes about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for an additional 10 to 11 minutes. If you like the cranberry sauce more on the mashed side, take a potato masher or wooden spoon and crush some of them.
- Turn off the heat and remove to another burner. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Let the cranberries reach room temperature before transferring into a dish and storing in the fridge for at least an hour, or up to 2 days.
- Serve cold.
- You can create the texture based on your preferences. If you want smoother sauce, mash the cranberries more.
- Don't skip the fridge time before serving. These taste best cold.
- This is a great recipe to prepare the day ahead of Thanksgiving and store in the fridge overnight.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Thanksgiving Sides
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thanksgiving sides, cranberry sauce with orange juice