This Christmas Muddy Buddies is 100% my favorite Christmas treat! It has the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter and just the right crunch. It's a no bake recipe and an absolute must have snack & dessert over the Holiday season.
- 8 cups rice chex cereal- full 12 ounce box
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, use a brand like Jif or Skippy *do not use natural peanut butter*
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Optional: 1/2 cup red and green m&m's
- Begin by adding a few cups of water to the bottom of the double boiler and place on the stovetop over medium low heat. Pour chocolate chips and butter into the top of double boiler. Allow them to melt completely, stirring every few minutes.
- Next, turn off the heat and add in the vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- Divide the Rice Chex into 2 large bowls and set aside. Pour half of the melted chocolate mixture into each bowl filled with rice chex. Use a spatula to carefully turn the mixture into the rice chex. Repeat with both bowls.
- Pour all the rice chex over 2 sheets of parchment paper to allow it to cool faster. Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the chocolate covered chex and toss to coat every side of the rice chex. Allow it to cool completely, then toss in the m&ms. Enjoy!
- If you work with two bowls of rice chex it's easier to cover the melted chocolate peanut butter on all the chex.
- Spreading chocolate covered mixture out onto parchment paper will help it harden faster and you get really mix the powdered sugar around.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: christmas puppy chow, muddy buddies, reindeer chow