This Blue Curacao Mojito is so delicious with fresh mint and citrus flavors. It's the absolute perfect Summer cocktail! This poolside drink is super easy to make & only takes a few minutes.
- 8 mint leaves, washed and dried
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 ounce blue Curacao
- 2 ounces white rum
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- 6 ounces of Sparkling mineral water or Club Soda
Additional ice, lime wedges, and mint leaves for serving
- Place the mint leaves into a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to muddle the mint by turning the muddler in a half circle motion until fragrant. You don't want to tear the leaves, just release the oils.
- Squeeze in fresh lime juice, and add in simple syrup, white rum and blue Curacao into shaker with 1/2 cup of ice. Add top of shaker and shake about 10 times to combine.
- Prepare two glasses by filling them half way with ice. Divide the mojito from the shaker evenly into each glass. Top the glasses with Sparkling Water and garnish with fresh limes and mint.
- Treat yourself and enjoy!
When muddling the mint, you are looking to gently release the oils from the mint. Don't tear the leaves with the muddler.
If you don't have a muddler, you can use a wooden spoon, or a rolling pin. If you want to purchase one, there is an inexpensive shaker kit that comes with a muddler on amazon and I have it linked below.
If you have a really hard lime, roll your hand over it on the counter back and forth before juicing it, to help tenderize it.
Serve mojitos in a medium size wine glass, cocktail glass or even a mason jar is a fun way to drink these!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: cocktails
- Method: shaken
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: blue Curacao mojito, blue mojito, summer cocktails