These homemade soup croutons are the perfect addition for a big bowl of soup. They are savory, crisp and so easy to make!
- 5 to 6 pieces of 2-3 day old bread (Italian round or french loaf)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, fine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (Optional) Blend of rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, sage, and marjoram
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread into one inch cubes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Transfer the garlic butter into a large bowl. Add in the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Whisk.
- Toss in the bread and make sure to coat all the croutons in the garlic butter. Spread them out onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until nice and crispy.
Make sure to toss the croutons really well in the garlic butter before baking to make sure they crisp up just right!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: soup toppings
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: soup croutons, salad croutons, croutons, homemade croutons