This Panko Chicken is oven baked to crispy deliciousness! It is dipped into garlic butter then breaded in a parmesan panko coating. Everyone will love this one, even the kiddos, and it's ready to eat in less than 35 minutes!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 heaping tablespoon)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese (finely shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (do not use smoked paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise to create two thin chicken breasts. Pat dry with a paper towel. Cover them with plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet or the bottom of a pan to make them into thin cutlets. Remove the plastic wrap. *Make sure they are all very similar in thickness.*
- Into a skillet, melt butter on medium low heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the butter is cooling, prepare the panko breading.
- In a large bowl, add together the Panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Toss this together with a spoon or your hands.
- Take one chicken breast, and lather in the garlic butter. Then dip it really well into the panko mixture and place on cooking rack over cookie sheet.
- Repeat with all the chicken breast. If you want extra crunch, pat some of the remaining panko mixture into the tops of the chicken breast.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. This will depend on your oven and the thickness of the chicken.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy these crunchy chicken cutlets! Serve alone or try dipping in my honey mustard or quick marinara sauces!
- Slice and Pound the Chicken to even thickness. This is important for cooking time. You don't want a few of the chicken breasts cooking way ahead of the others. Try your best to get them pretty even thickness, so they all reach 165 degrees internally around the same time. This will prevent over cooking.
- Heavily Coat the Chicken Breast in Garlic Butter. I really lather the chicken in the garlic butter to make sure it gets fully coated. This will help with the Panko sticking to every inch of the chicken.
- Use the extra Panko breading for topping. Once I place all of the dipped chicken onto the rack, I take the extra Panko in the bowl and pat some more into the tops of the chicken breast. This is optional, but I love the extra breading.
- Use a rack over the cookie sheet. This way, the juices can drip onto the pan and the chicken can stay crunchy and not get soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: panko chicken, Panko crusted chicken, baked panko chicken, crispy chicken cutlets