This Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites Recipe combines bacon and gruyere cheese for a quick and delicious breakfast. These are a Starbucks copycat recipe and they are baked in a muffin tin to make the recipe extra easy!
- 5 slices of original or applewood bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1/8 cup whole milk (2% is fine too or even skim)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium sized skillet, sauté bacon on medium low heat until nice and crispy. I like to cut mine with scissors into small pieces before frying. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Into a large bowl or a pyrex dish (my preference for having a spout), whisk together the eggs gently until blended. Pour in sour cream, milk, salt and pepper and half of the cheese, roughly 1/4 cup of each cheese. Whisk again until fully combined. Note: Don't over whisk because it could take some of the fluffiness out of the eggs.
- Chop the bacon up even finer and set it aside with the remaining cheese.
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray or wipe each muffin cup generously with vegetable oil. Pour the egg mixture just a little over half way full into each muffin cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pull the muffin tin from the oven and top with remaining cheese. The eggs will still be gooey.
- Top the cheese with the crispy bacon. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the egg bites to sit and cool for 10 minutes before running a butter knife around the outside of each one and removing them. Serve warm and enjoy!
- I don't recommend using thick bacon. It will never get as crispy!
- Avoid over whisking because it could take some of the fluffiness out of the eggs.
- On the second round of cooking, bake 10 minutes if you like your eggs on the creamy, softer side and 15 minutes if you want them well done.
- The eggs may sink a bit and this is completely normal! The eggs bites fill with air in the oven, then deflate a little once they cool.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: bacon and gruyere egg bites, starbucks egg bites