This Blueberry Galette Recipe with Puff Pastry is so easy to make and it's delicious! Simple ingredients come together for the perfect Spring and Summer dessert.
This easy dessert is absolutely beautiful. It comes together in just minutes and makes the perfect Spring or Summer dessert option. I love when berries come in season. They taste amazing and finally they are affordable!
Big on recipes using fresh blueberries? Try my Blueberry Pound Cake too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- It is so easy to make and only takes less than 10 minutes to prep
- This recipe is perfect to use up those seasonal fresh berries
- Pair it with ice cream or whipped cream for a creamy addition, which is ideal to balance the tart blueberry and lemon
- This dessert looks fancy and rustic at the same time and is really a showstopper
Puff Pastry- Delicious & saves time for the recipe. It also is very easy to work with when taking off the corners and creates the perfect shape.
Fresh blueberries- Sweet, yummy berries that look gorgeous in this rustic galette
Sugar- Adds sweetness to the blueberry filling
Lemon and Zest- Brings in a hint of tart flavor
Cornstarch- Helps to thicken the blueberry juices and prevents liquid from running out of galette
Egg- Mixed with a touch of water to create an egg wash to help create a beautiful golden shine on the puff pastry crust
Cinnamon & Sugar- Just a sprinkle over the puff pastry to create additional sweetness and the best smelling house you could ever imagine.
How To Make a Blueberry Galette with Puff Pastry:
Watch the full recipe video and be sure to SUBSCRIBE! It's free & I post two new recipes each week to share with you.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup sugar and cornstarch. Add in blueberries, lemon juice and zest. Toss them until combined.
2. Lay out Puff Pastry on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Take a pizza cutter and remove the corners of puff pastry, so it is an oval shape. Make several fork pricks into the puff pastry. Pour blueberry mixture into the center of dough.
3. Begin to fold the outside of the puff pastry tucking the edges in (as seen below). Make sure the crust is creating an edge over the filling to keep it inside. Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl and brush onto the outside of crust. Combine 1 tablespoon of sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over the crust. (If you get some in the center, that's ok & sometimes I add a little on purpose:) I love cinnamon!
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Allow the galette to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before serving. It tastes best warm!
I highly recommend a scoop of ice cream on each serving. Trust me, I know from experience.
Absolutely! Blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries will all work great in this recipe. Other fruit, like apples, or peaches will need to be sliced really thin or cooked down a bit before adding to the galette to ensure they soften.
I prefer to eat a galette nice and warm, about 20 minutes after it comes out of the oven. Top it with vanilla ice cream and it creates the best tart & creamy combination.
I prefer fresh berries for this recipe. Frozen berries will flatten out and release more liquid. Plus, fresh berries, especially when in season, have so much more flavor. Go with fresh berries!
More Recipes You Will Love:
If you tried this Blueberry Galette Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!Print