This post contains affiliate links.
This Avocado Cream Sauce or avocado crema is tangy and delicious! It is the perfect topping for tacos, nachos, enchiladas, quesadillas or even burgers. The recipe only takes 5 minutes to make!
I could literally eat this sauce on anything. When I made this, I had some leftover salmon in the fridge and I put a big dollop of this on top of that salmon and ate it for lunch. It was a little bit of a strange combo, but still delicious.
This sauce goes perfectly on tacos. My personal favorite is on shrimp tacos. It also goes fantastic on enchiladas, nachos, quesadillas and even burgers. Try it on my crockpot chicken enchilada recipe, which is a total crowd pleaser and super easy to prep.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- My avocado cream recipe only takes 5 minutes to prep
- This recipe is filled with tangy, fresh ingredients
- It goes great on so many different foods and is the perfect way to elevate the traditional sour cream topping
Avocado- The star of this sauce and makes the final product so delicious and creamy
Sour Cream- produces the perfect tangy flavor
Lime- for a sour bite
Cilantro- For freshness (I love cilantro and parsley for their ability to make any dish taste elevated in fresh flavor)
Garlic, Cumin, and Salt- An excellent flavor combination
How to Make Avocado Cream Sauce:
Watch the full recipe video on YouTube for the full instructions & be sure to subscribe (it's free):
Begin by roughly chopping the garlic clove and cilantro. Slice the lime and avocado in half.
Into a food processor or blender, add in the sour cream, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt.
Pulse a few times, then place on high for 30 seconds until throughly blended.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Now, load this sauce up on everything you ever loved.
It will stay good for 2 days. If it looks like the color is a bit off, just give it a good stir before serving.
If you don't like sour cream, use plain greek yogurt instead. All good!
More Recipes You Will Love:
Avocado Cream Sauce
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
This avocado cream sauce or avocado crema is tangy and delicious! It is the perfect topping for tacos, nachos, enchiladas, quesadillas or even burgers. The recipe only takes 5 minutes to make!
- 1 avocado
- ¾ cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup packed of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Begin by roughly chopping the garlic clove and cilantro. Slice the lime and avocado in half.
- Into a food processor or blender, add in the sour cream, scoop out the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt.
- Pulse a few times and place on high for 30 seconds until throughly blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Use within 3 days. It tastes great on tacos, salads, or enchiladas!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Fridge Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: avocado crema, avocado cream sauce, taco toppings
Perfect for tacos!