This Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Cocktail is the perfect Summer drink for the boat, pool, a picnic, or the beach. It is the best light cocktail for warm weather!
Let me just say, YUM! I'm not a big drinker, but making cocktails is so fun. I honestly like making my own drinks at home better than ordering them out.
Sometimes restaurants make them so strong, and I am such a light weight. Plus, I don't want my drinks tasting like nail polish remover (ewww).
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- The sweet and sour lemonade balances the strength of the Vodka perfectly
- It is a really light recipe & you can drink a few of them without falling off your float into the pool (okay, maybe one for me still)
- It has the BEST Summer flavor
Simply Lemonade with Strawberry- Quick, Easy & Delicious Store bought lemonade that packs the right amount of sour and sweet
Vodka- A liquor that pairs fantastically with sour mixes
Simple Syrup- For added sweetness
Mint- My favorite Summer herb for the ultimate freshness
Strawberry & Lemon- For a pretty garnish
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Cocktails:
- Add 2 sprigs of mint and simple syrup to shaker and muddle with a muddler or the bottom of a spoon. Don't forget to smell it..it's so fragrant!
- Fill your shaker with ice almost to the top.
- Add the lemonade and vodka and give it a good shake. Don't be afraid to get a little aggression out..it's cool, I won't judge.
- Pour it over ice in your nice cold cocktail glasses. Add mint, strawberry, and lemon for garnish. Now add your straw and drink up buttercup!
Yes. A Coconut Rum would be delicious in this drink if you don't like Vodka.
Vodka tastes great with sour juices like this lemonade or grapefruit juice.
These drinks taste best made fresh!
Add 1 cup of water to a small saucepan on medium heat. Once the water begins to bubble up around the edges of the pan, add in one cup of white granulated sugar. Continue to stir frequently until the sugar has completely dissolved. Turn the heat off and allow it to sit on the stovetop until it cools completely. I like to transfer it into a swing top bottle, where it can stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks.