This post contains affiliate links.
These Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Balls are the perfect high protein packed snack. They are delicious to eat, and only take 5 minutes to prep with no baking required!
It's January 7th, which means I am still on my new year, new me kick. I'm working on not eating so many processed foods and basically staying away from pantry snacks. However, a girl needs snacks, and these little energy balls are the perfect healthy snack to get me through my afternoon slump. Anyone else have that happen every day about 2:30 or 3:00? I always want cappuccino, but then I can't sleep. It's a real struggle.
My husband's family inspired me on this recipe. They make the basic ones with peanut butter, milk powder and honey, and they are super good. I really wanted to jazz it up with some chocolate and oats too and I switched out the peanut butter for almond butter. YUM!!
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- These are a great little tasty treat
- You don't have to feel bad about them because they are filled with healthy ingredients (Now I'm not saying to eat the whole batch at once)
- They only take 5 minutes to prep and no baking required
- Keep them sealed in the fridge for 4 to 5 days for an easy, on the go, snack idea
If you are looking for other snack ideas, check out these recipes:
Ingredients for these Chocolate Protein Balls:
Almond Butter: High protein and great for heart health
Honey: For sweetness (I love me some honey. I even have a hive of bees in my backyard to prove it)
Nonfat Milk Powder: Helps to create a binder for the energy balls, so that we are able to roll them up
Traditional Whole Grain Oats: Healthy grain with lots of fiber
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: For a decadent chocolate hint
Variations for the Recipe:
Try adding in extra ingredients like chocolate chips, shredded coconut, dried cranberry, dried cherry, or chopped pecans, almonds or peanuts.
Not big on almond butter? You can substitute peanut butter for the almond butter.
How To Make Almond Butter Energy Balls:
Watch the full video tutorial & be sure to Subscribe. It's free and I post new recipes every week:
Here are the Step by Step Instructions for these Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Bites.
Begin by lining a plate or cookie sheet or baking rack with parchment paper and set aside.
Add in all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine with a spoon as best as you can. Next, begin to work the dough into a ball with your hands. If it is incredibly sticky, add in a teaspoon at a time of the milk powder until it is easier to work with.
Roll the dough into 1 to 2 inch balls, depending on how large you want them.
Place them on the parchment lined plate or cookie sheet. Refrigerate for an hour.
I like to store mine in a glass container with a lid and I will snack on them throughout the week. YUM!
More Healthy Recipes You'll Love:Print
Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Balls
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
These almond butter energy balls are the perfect high protein packed snack. They are delicious to eat, and only take 5 minutes to make with no baking required!
- ¾ cup almond butter (I used one with salt added)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup nonfat milk powder
- ½ cup traditional whole grain rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Begin by lining a plate or cookie sheet or rack with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add in all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine with a spoon as best as you can. Next, begin to work the dough into a ball with your hands. If it is incredibly sticky, add in a teaspoon at a time of the milk powder until it is easier to work with.
- Roll the dough into 1 to 2 inch balls, depending on how large you want them. Place on the parchment lined plate or cookie sheet. Refrigerate for an hour before eating.
I like to store them in a glass container with a lid and I will snack on them throughout the week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Fridge Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: almond butter energy balls, high protein snack, almond butter snacks, energy bites, energy balls, kids snacks, gym snacks
These are so tasty! Love the chocolate addition.