Make this Easy Brown Sugar Simple Syrup at home in 5 minutes with only 3 ingredients! It adds a deep, rich flavor to coffees, iced tea, cocktails and more.
This is hands down, my go to coffee syrup! You can never get enough of it, especially in the colder months of Fall and Winter. With vanilla and caramel notes, you will love waking up in the morning when this is waiting for you!
If you love coffee, make sure to try these coffee recipes too:
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It combines sweetness with vanilla, toffee & caramel flavors
- It is the best addition in hot or iced coffee
- You can use this syrup in iced tea, cocktails or boba tea
- The Recipe is made in only 5 minutes with 3 ingredients and one pot
- Store it safely for 2 weeks in the fridge
- Save money and time by making delicious coffee at home
- Scratch Starbucks off your morning agenda with all the delicious drinks you can create with this syrup
I could go on for days with all the pros of making this simple syrup. If you love having a variety of simple syrups at home, make sure to check out my lavender simple syrup recipe. It is really perfect for Spring and Summer months with it's floral flavors.
Brown Sugar- The basic ratio for a simple syrup is equal parts white sugar to water. In this recipe, we use brown sugar, which simply put is white sugar with added molasses. I personally love brown sugar, because of the caramel & toffee notes that it possesses. This syrup helps create a dark, rich, creamy texture to my lattes and for that reason, we will be bff's for life.
Water- A little H2O to contribute to the simple syrup
Vanilla- A must have addition to this brown sugar simple syrup because the two just belong together. The scent of vanilla is that extra bonus for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions About Simple Syrup:
The recipe is so simple to make every few weeks at home and the overall taste is better than any store bought brand. You are also able to avoid preservatives this way.
It is simply a 1:1 ratio of brown sugar to water. I make mine with a bit more brown sugar for a thicker syrup and add vanilla. YUM!
Like Heaven! The added molasses brings in notes of caramel and toffee & this recipe adds in vanilla for an extra treat.
A brown sugar simple syrup can add a delicious twist to an Old Fashioned or a Whiskey Sour. This Seriously Good Old Fashioned Recipe from Inspired Taste looks AMAZING!
Oh does it ever! It is the best simple syrup in iced and hot coffee, lattes, cappuccinos..you name it!
How To Make Brown Sugar Simple Syrup:
Watch how to make this recipe and be sure to SUBSCRIBE (it's free)!
Begin by adding the water into a pot on medium heat. Allow it to heat up until you begin to see little bubbles coming up around the sides, but not boiling yet.
Add in the brown sugar. Stir gently for a few minutes until all the brown sugar dissolves.
Turn the heat off completely. Add in vanilla and stir.
Allow the mixture to cool for 30 minutes before adding into a jar or container. If you have a funnel available, use that to help with the mess or transfer the mixture into a container with a spout to create an easier pour. I keep all of my syrups in swing top glass bottles. The bottles keep them really fresh and create minimal sticky mess.Print
Make this Easy Brown Sugar Simple Syrup at Home in 5 minutes with only 3 ingredients! It adds a deep, rich, delicious flavors to coffees, iced tea, cocktails and more.
- 1 cup water
- 1 & ½ cups brown sugar (light or dark. I used light)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by adding the water into a pot on medium heat. Allow it to heat up until you begin to see little bubbles coming up around the sides, but not yet boiling.
- Add in the brown sugar. Stir gently for a few minutes until all the brown sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat off completely. Add in vanilla and stir.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 30 minutes before adding into a jar or container. I keep all of my syrups in swing top glass bottles. The bottles keep them really fresh and create minimal sticky mess.
If you have a funnel available, use that to help with the mess or transfer to mixture into a container with a spout before pouring into a swing top bottle.
If you are making a latte with this syrup, top it with a dash of cinnamon for magic in a mug!
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Coffee
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: coffee
Keywords: brown sugar simple syrup, brown sugar syrup, easy coffee syrups, syrups for lattes
Make it for a Handmade DIY Gift
I absolutely love handmade gifts and this would be wonderful paired with a bag of coffee! Also, check out my Lavender Simple Syrup and considering making both of them. These would be the perfect Mother's Day or Father's Day gifts, or for Christmas or a birthday. Wrap it with some twine and a label & make someone's day!
Love this recipe? Try these too...