These Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders are the perfect quick and easy breakfast recipe! They're loaded with bacon, egg and cheese and topped with a special sauce, then coated with butter and baked to perfection. You've got to try these!
These Sliders are great for weekend breakfasts and for feeding a crowd. They're always a favorite and everyone loves the everything bagel seasoning on top. An absolute go to for Holiday breakfasts as well!
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- Quick and Easy Breakfast. These are super easy to make and assemble and take only 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Savory with a touch of Sweet. These sliders pack a lot of savory taste from the bacon, egg, and cheese to the creamy sauce. A touch of sweet comes from the sweet King's Hawaiian rolls.
- Customizable. Switch out the bacon for sausage, or make them vegetarian with no meat. Add veggies like sautéed peppers and onions. Use your favorite cheese. These sliders can be customized to make them your new favorite breakfast.
- Great for a Crowd. Make a batch for a breakfast or brunch get together. This makes 12 sliders and you could always make 2 batches if you have a larger crowd coming over. I usually plan on 2-3 sliders per adult, and 1-2 per kid.
- Prep ahead of time. Meal prep these on Sunday and use for weekday breakfast during the week. I would leave the sauce off the sliders, so they don't get soggy. Just wrap in tin foil and store in the fridge. Heat up in the microwave or oven for a grab and go breakfast.
King's Hawaiian Rolls: Slightly sweet and always soft and fluffy. I prefer the original sliders, but there is also a savory version you can use.
Eggs: Combined with milk to make them nice and fluffy and scrambled until no longer runny, but still a softer scramble.
Bacon: Pan fried until crispy and delicious. I suggest using original flavored bacon or something similar like Applewood for this recipe, so it doesn't overpower the other flavors.
Cheese: Use your favorite cheese slices. My preference for these breakfast sliders is white American for its classic, creamy textures that pairs so well with bacon and eggs.
Mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard: No dry sliders here! Mayo and mustard combine for a creamy, tangy sauce that spreads on the inside of the rolls and adds a lot of flavor depth.
Everything Bagel Seasoning: The tops of the rolls are brushed in butter and coated with everything bagel seasoning for texture and delicious taste!
*Full recipe ingredients and quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
Substitutions and Variations:
Want to use sausage instead of bacon? Sauté 8 ounces of ground breakfast sausage until fully cooked and sprinkle over the top of the eggs instead of the bacon.
Not crazy about everything bagel seasoning? Just brush the rolls with butter and if you're feeling extra, top them with flaky sea salt.
You can use any of your favorite cheeses. Substitute the White American with Cheddar, Havarti, Provolone, Pepper Jack, etc.
Need a vegetarian version? Leave off the meat and add veggies, like sautéed peppers, onions, mushrooms or baby spinach.
How to Make Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large non-stick skillet over medium low heat on the stovetop, add in the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Turn off heat and allow pan to cool for a few minutes. Carefully wipe out most of the grease, leaving a thin layer to coat the pan.
Step 2: Whisk together the eggs and milk until fully combined.
Step 3: Reheat the large non-stick skillet from the bacon to medium low heat. Pour in the eggs and scramble with spatula or wooden spoon until soft, but no longer runny. Immediately transfer to a plate to stop the cooking process.
Step 4: Slice the King's Hawaiian Rolls through the center to divide the rolls into a top and bottom half. Add both sections to a cookie sheet.
Step 5: Spread the scrambled eggs evenly over the bottom layer.
Step 6: Top the eggs with cheese and bacon slices. Do not cover with top layer of bread. Bake on middle rack for 5 minutes.
Step 7: In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Spread on the inside top half of the rolls. Add the top half over the bacon egg and cheese mixture to close the sliders.
Step 8: Melt the butter and brush it over the top of the slider rolls. Sprinkle on everything bagel seasoning. Return to oven for 3-5 minutes until golden.
Step 9: Slice the Breakfast Rolls into 12 individual sliders. Serve and enjoy!
- If you would rather cook the bacon at higher heat, that's fine, just don't burn it.
- Scramble the eggs until no longer runny, but still on the softer side, because they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Don't bake the sliders for longer than 5 minutes after adding the butter and everything seasoning because they toast up quick and if burnt the seasoning will taste on the bitter side.
- If meal prepping these, don't top the rolls with the sauce or they may get soggy faster.
These sliders need to be baked before and after adding the sauce to keep them from becoming soggy.
If you're only serving sliders for breakfast, I would plan for 2-3 sliders per adult and 1-2 per child. Plan on a little less per person if you have more breakfast options to choose from.
Serve breakfast sliders with fruit, sausage links, or pair them with this Simply Potatoes Hashbrown Casserole.
Store the leftover sliders wrapped in tin foil and eat within 2-3 days.
Oven Bake: Leave sliders wrapped in tin foil and place on a cookie sheet. Reheat at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until warm.
Microwave: Do not leave in foil. Unwrap and place on microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second increments until warm.
* I have not tested the air fryer and because everything cooks so quickly in the air fryer, these may burn fast (or the seasoning might).
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You Will Love:
If you tried this Breakfast Slider Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!Print