This Spinach Artichoke Dip with no mayonnaise is perfect for the mayo haters. It is a creamy and cheesy recipe that is impossible to stop eating. This is the perfect appetizer to bring to a holiday party!
This recipe is so delicious, especially served with warm slices of french bread or tortilla chips. It is the ultimate comfort food and great for holidays or game day.
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- It is super simple to whip up & only takes about 25 minutes start to finish with little chopping required
- It is full of creamy, cheesy goodness
- You will be the star of any party with this crowd pleasing appetizer
If you love creamy appetizers, be sure to try my ever so popular on tiktok Bacon Cream Cheese Roll Recipe.
Spinach & Artichokes: The classic ingredients in spinach and artichoke dip. I highly suggest fresh baby spinach for this recipe, because it doesn't need to be chopped. Canned artichokes hearts are used for a quick and easy option.
Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Whole Milk, Monterey Jack & Cheddar Cheese: These help build our creamy cheesy flavor
Flour: To thicken the consistency
Bacon- For just a touch of smoky flavor and crunch
*Full recipe ingredients and quantities can be found in the recipe card below.
Substitutions and Variations:
Vegetarian? Leave out the bacon and start with 2 tablespoons of butter, instead of 1 tablespoon.
Love spicy? Add in some more red pepper flakes or substitute the monterey jack cheese with pepper jack.
How to Make No Mayo Spinach Artichoke Dip:
Watch the full recipe video and be sure to Subscribe. It's free and I post NEW recipes every week to share with you!
Here are the Step by Step Instructions for Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Begin with a cast iron skillet on Medium Low heat. Add in the butter and allow it to melt. Toss in the shallot and bacon slices and cook for 5 minutes, until the bacon is just a bit crispy. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the spinach into the pot and stir. Allow it to wilt for just about a minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir for a minute. Turn burner down to low.
- Pour in the milk and stir well to incorporate.
- Now, add in the cream cheese and allow it to heat up. Take a wooden spoon and break it into pieces to allow the cream cheese to melt quickly.
- Once the cream cheese has melted down, add in the sour cream. Stir.
- Next, add in drained artichokes.
- Finally, stir in the Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese, saving a tiny bit of it for topping. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. If you would like a nice crispy cheesy top, broil for 3 minutes on high. Make sure to watch it to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Enjoy with warm french bread, pita bread, tortilla chips or anything this else. It doesn't matter what you put this dip on, it will be delicious!
- Slice the french bread up when the dip is cooking in the oven. Once the dip is done, I turn off the oven and place the french bread in to warm it up.
Yes! Just prep all the stove top directions before baking. Allow it to cool then cover with plastic wrap and leave up to 2 days in the fridge. When you are ready to heat it up, remove plastic wrap, place it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 375 with foil on top until the last 5 minutes.
Of course! Transfer the ingredients into a casserole dish after adding the cheese in step 8. Then, top with the remaining cheese and bake for the same time.
More Holiday Recipes You Will Love:
If you tried this Spinach and Artichoke Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!Print