This Chipotle Mayo is the most incredible sauce bursting with Mexican flavors and it only takes 5 minutes to create! It's a Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sauce that makes the best topping for burgers, sandwiches, nachos, tacos, or use it as a dip for fries, onion rings, or veggies!
This Chipotle Mayonnaise quickly became a fan favorite in our house. You can literally put it on everything and it's so easy to whip up. This is now a staple in our fridge. Spice up sandwiches, tacos, and everything in between.
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- It only takes 5 minutes to make.
- This recipe adds so much flavor to whatever you decide to use it on.
- It pairs perfectly with sandwiches & burgers.
- The recipe packs just the right amount of heat and you can adjust it based on whether you love a little or a lot of spice.
- This recipe uses simple ingredients and whips up in minutes with the immersion blender or food processor.
Mayonnaise- Store-bought mayo is used in the recipe for a quick creamy base. I prefer Hellmann's brand.
Chipotle Peppers with Adobo Sauce-Spicy, smoky peppers that bring the spicy Mexican flavor into the mayo. I used the Goya brand, which were excellent. I found them in the ethnic food isle in the grocery store. To use up more of the jar, check out my Southwest Salad Recipe with Chipotle Salad Dressing.
Fresh Lime Juice- For just a touch of citrus and tanginess and to take away a bit of the heat.
Fresh Cilantro- Fresh herb used in traditional Mexican cooking. If you don't like cilantro, you can leave it out of the recipe.
Garlic, Paprika, Cumin & Salt- For enhanced flavor in this spicy Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Cumin is one of my absolute favorite spices for Mexican flavor, although it is known for being more Tex Mex. Cumin is nutty with a bit of smoky flavor and pairs well with paprika. I prefer regular paprika for it's mild and sweet flavor, as opposed to smoked, but either work in this recipe.
Variations & Substitutions:
- If you aren't a fan of cilantro, leave the fresh herb out of the recipe.
- Searching for a vegan chipotle mayonnaise? Substitute the regular mayonnaise for vegan mayo.
- Love flavor, but not so much spice? Start with just ½ of a chipotle pepper and make sure there are no seeds inside.
- Want really spicy chipotle mayonnaise? Go for 2 to 3 peppers in the mix!
How to Make Chipotle Mayo:
Here are the 2 Step Instructions for this Chipotle Mayo.
Step 1: Add mayonnaise, adobo pepper(s), garlic clove, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, paprika, and salt into an immersion blender container or food processor. You can use a blender if you don't have either of these.
Step 2: Blend until entirely smooth in texture.
Give it a taste. If it isn't spicy enough, add in one more chipotle pepper and blend again. If it is too spicy, add in another ½ cup of mayonnaise to balance out the heat.
Enjoy this sauce spread on a burger or sandwich or drizzle over anything fried!
- Make sure to rinse the cilantro really well and dry before blending. Sometimes it can carry some gritty like sand/dirt and we don't want that.
- Start with just 1 chipotle pepper. You can always add more.
Chipotle mayo combines chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with traditional mayonnaise and really elevates the flavor. Fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro and Mexican seasonings are also blended in, making it burst with flavor.
Chipotle Mayo combines spicy with smoky flavor and you get a bit of tanginess from the fresh lime juice. It is delicious and brings an excellent flavor profile to any boring sandwich or burger.
The possibilities are endless from sandwiches to burgers, fries, onion rings, fried zucchini, fresh veggies, nachos, and tacos.
Yes! Aioli is the same thing as mayonnaise. I think people just call it that because the word "mayonnaise" grosses people out. Aioli also usually indicates that it is homemade and it sounds kind of fancy.
If you are like my brother and think cilantro tastes like soap, then absolutely, leave it out.
Store the chipotle mayo in a glass jar or plastic tupperware with a lid that seals tight. This mayo will last in the fridge for one week.
If you tried this Chipotle Mayo Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!